Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Don't Forget the Cherry on Top!!

My love for sweets has been making my attempt to live a healthier lifestyle a challenge.  So when I discovered this recipe last weekend, I was thrilled.  Not only is it not horribly bad for you - but it is probably one of the easiest recipes that I have ever made.


Diet Cherry 7up Cupcakes

1 box white cake mix
1 can Diet Cherry 7up
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Be careful when you pour in the soda, mine fizzed up quite a bit.  Once thoroughly combined, pour into cupcake liners, filling to about 2/3 full.  Bake for 15 minutes.

Before serving, top with whipped cream and a cherry!  I just bought a set of silicone mini-cupcake liners, which was inspiration for finding this recipe in the first place.  The recipe filled 24 of the mini cupcakes and 9 regular sized cupcakes.  It should make 16-24 regular sized cupcakes.


Make sure to wait until right before serving to top the cupcakes.  I made some up ahead of time and even though I refrigerated them, the whipped cream melted.  They still tasted heavenly, but weren't very presentable.

The large cupcakes are only 2 points+.  2 of the smaller cupcakes are probably 1 points+.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...