Sunday, February 19, 2012

Easy snack food!

Last night we had the opportunity to go spend the evening with some friends, as well as my sister-in-law and her boyfriend.  I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time - my cheekbones actually hurt on the way home.  It was nice to be able to spend time with friends even though work has been picking up.

I also got a chance to be in my kitchen a little bit yesterday afternoon!  When I was younger, I remember having frozen grapes for a snack during the summer.  The other day, while surfing Pinterest, I saw this idea to use skewers to freeze the grapes.  Grapes were on sale yesterday so I decided to try it.  You can get about 1/2 a cup of grapes onto a skewer and I think I was about to make 8 or 9 of them out of one bag.

I used red seedless grapes because I prefer the sweeter flavor.  Green grapes would probably be really good too, though.


If you have kids - this is a great way to have quick snacks that are ready to serve.  "Don't play with your food" doesn't apply here!!

They are also a great alternative to sugary popsicles or ice cream.  Just grab a skewer and you have a single serving of grapes all ready to go!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...